Scientific management of forestry resource on sustainable basis, ensuring environmental amelioration, checking sediment inflow into water bodies to increase useful life of irrigation infrastructure, to conserve hydro power potential & biodiversity leading to poverty alleviation.
- Scientific Management of existing public forest estates to maximize production of wood and minor forest produce to create new forest resources.
- Management of watersheds to conserve soil and water and to improve the productivity of land.
- Management of range lands to boost production of forest and livestock.
- Promotion of social/farm forestry in private lands.
- Establishment of amenity forests and recreational parks.
- Raising of tree plantation for strategic purpose.
- Forest production; sale, imports and export of forest products and recovery of dues.
- Regional research in various disciplines of forestry, wildlife, sericulture and fisheries.
- Acquisition and transfer of forest lands. Notification/De-Notification in respect of reserve, protected and unclassed forests.
- Implementation of various provisions of Forest Act and rules framed thereunder.